The NCA has partnered with DrDoctor to provide patients with a convenient appointment reminder and rescheduling service.
Using text messages and a simple online portal, the system is designed to make it easier for you to manage your appointments at our hospitals and clinics. This straightforward, user-friendly service is being implemented across the Group.
In many cases, you can request to change or cancel your appointment by text message, or by logging onto the online patient portal, unless your appointment is within the following three days.
If we have your mobile number, you’ll receive appointment reminders by text message.
If we only have your landline number, you’ll receive appointment reminders by voice message.
How to access your online portal
For Bury, Rochdale and Oldham patients, follow the link in your text message or email, or visit nhs.my/pat
For Salford patients, follow the link in your text message or email, or visit nhs.my/salford
From there, you’ll be able to log in by:
- typing in your name, date of birth and postcode
- entering the one-time verification code which will be sent to your mobile
Once online you can:
- view appointment details
- view location information, including Google Maps and floor plans
- view important clinic information which may include leaflets and videos
- add your appointment to your personal calendar
- request to change or cancel your appointment in some circumstances
How can the service help you and the NCA?
- by giving you better patient experience and choice
- by reducing the number of unattended appointments
- by reducing waiting times