Finding a Book or Journal Article
Step 1: Go to the library catalogue which lists all our print and eBooks: https://ncalks.soutron.net/Portal/Default/en-GB/Search/SimpleSearch
- Type in the title or author of the book and press the magnifying glass or hit 'Enter'. If you would like to browse books on a partulcar subject, type in some keywords instead.
- Results will automatically be set to the Book tab. If an eBook is available, a link icon will appear in the 'e-Book Link' column; click on this icon to access the eBook. You will need your Athens login.
- If you would like to see if we have the physical book on our library shelves, click the book title for more information. The results at the bottom will indicate which library the book is in, and the 'Shelf Reference' tells you exactly where the book is on the shelf.
Step 2: Go to the NCA eBook Library at www.srtl.eblib.com/ and browse 1000s of additional titles. You can read online for 5 minutes before opting to request a loan or recommend a library purchase.
Click the following link for instructions: How to use the eBook Library
- Go to the library catalogue: https://ncalks.soutron.net/Portal/Default/en-GB/Search/SimpleSearch
- Type in the title of the journal and press the magnifying glass or hit 'Enter'.
- Choose 'Journal' in the results bar.
- You will see a list of all the journals containing your search terms
- Click the link icon in the 'E-journal Link' column
- Login with your Athens details to view full text journal articles
Most of our journals are online, but we do have a small number of print journals at Salford. If the journal does not have a link icon, click the name of the journal to see if we have the journal on the shelf.
If you are having any issues with accessing a journal article, or your Athens details, please get in touch at email@example.com
If we don’t have the book you need we will do our best to locate it for you.
Please complete our book request form at the bottom of this page and provide as much information as possible. This will enable us to answer your request in the most appropriate way. This may range from purchasing a copy to add to the library collection, loaning a book from another library or even obtaining a copy of a particular chapter. Simply complete the form and we will contact you with an update on your request.
If we don't have access to the journal article you need, we'll do our best to locate it for you. Please complete the article request form at the bottom of this page.
|If you're having issues with your OpenAthens login, or need an account setting up, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org|