The Children’s Long Term Ventilation Team (CLTVT) are a team of qualified Children's Nurses and highly experienced Health Care Support Workers who are dedicated to providing care and support closer to home for children and young people who are eligible to receive the service, aged 0-25 years old within the Oldham area.
The CLTVT provides care to children and young people, who primarily must be eligible for continuing health care, technology dependent, have a life limiting condition, tracheostomy and / or complex health needs working in partnership with a variety of different services and agencies across Oldham.
The service offered is specific to each individual child / young person.
A comprehensive nursing assessment will be undertaken prior to submitting an application for support to the Continuing Health Care Team
Each child is allocated a named qualified Children’s Nurse who will plan and coordinate care and support.
Comprehensive plans of care will be implemented, specific to the needs of the child / young person.
Care will be provided in the home setting by a team of trained Health Care Support Workers
For a referral into the service, the child / young person must live in the Oldham area, be eligible for continuing health care, be aged 0-25 years old and have a diagnosed medical / health condition as specified above.
Parent / carer / self referrals are not accepted.
Referrals are accepted from the following services / agencies;-
- Children’s community services – Special Needs School Nurses, Community Paediatricians, SEND Team, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy,
- Health colleagues – GP, Health Visitor, School Nurse, Practice Nurse
- Hospitals –Consultant Paediatricians (including specialist Paediatricians), Childrens General and Speciality Wards
- Social Care Teams
- Oldham CCG – Children’s Continuing Health Care Team
- Special Needs School Nursing Team
- Oldham Community Paediatric Service
- Oldham Children’s Occupational and Physiotherapy Team
- Oldham Additional Needs Speech and Language Therapy
- Oldham Children’s Speech and Language Service
- Oldham Children Social Care Teams
- Continuing Health Care Team (Oldham CCG)
- Oldham Community Children’s Nutrition and Dietetics Service