The Library and Knowledge Service has collated the latest evidence-based resources relating to COVID-19.
To access some resources you'll need to use your Athens login. For more details on Athens, visit the following webpage: Evidence Toolkit.
Please refer to current NCA guidance on any COVID-19 related issues.
Collections containing evidence reviews, guidelines and web resources from publishers and organisations.
- Centre for Evidence-Based Dermatology
- Cochrane Library: infection control and prevention measures
- COVID-NMA: Living mapping and living systematic review of Covid-19 studies
- Curated MEDLINE Content for COVID-19 - The articles are updated throughout the week and are enhanced with recommendations and categorised research topics
- Elsevier: Coronavirus Information CenterIncludes journal articles, clinical skills and a clinical toolkit
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control: COVID-19 in children and the role of school settings in transmission - first update
- Evidence Aid: Plain-language research summaries on topics related to COVID-19
- Evidence for Policy and Practice Information: COVID-19: a living systematic map of the evidenceA resource which groups the current COVID-19 evidence into broad themes
- Joanna Briggs Institute: COVID-19 special collection
- NICE: rapid guidelines and evidence summaries on COVID-19 A range of resources including guidelines on symptom management, rapid evidence summaries of treatment efficacies and shared learning examples
- Norwegian Institute of Public Health (NIPH): Live map of COVID-19 evidence
- Oxford Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine: Covid-19 Evidence Service Rapid evidence syntheses for questions around coronavirus
- Public Health England – Coronavirus: finding the evidence
- Royal College of Physicians - speciality specific guidance
- University of Michigan - COVID-19 Best Evidence Front Door A searchable collection of meta-analyses, literature syntheses and clinical guidelines collated by the Taubman Health Sciences Library and Department of Learning Health Sciences
- World Health Organisation - Technical Guidance
- Hospice UK & RCGP: COVID EOLC Community Charter
- Association for Palliative Medicine of Great Britain and Ireland: Covid-19-resources for healthcare professionals
- Association for Palliative Medicine of Great Britain and Ireland: COVID-19 and Palliative, End of Life and Bereavement Care in Secondary Care. Version 6: 17th January 2021
- BMJ: Palliative care for patients with severe covid-19. Published 14th July 2020
- BMJ: Upside down solutions: palliative care and COVID-19. Published 17th July 2020
- British Geriatrics Society: COVID-19: End of life care in older people
- Marie Curie: Coronavirus and End of Life Care
- Marie Curie: The Better End of Life Report 2021. Published 8th April 2021
- National Bereavement Service: Covid-19: information for bereavement service managers
- NHS England: Our NHS People: Understanding different bereavement practices and how our colleagues may experience grief.
- NHS Scotland Effective Communication for Healthcare: COVID-19: Effective communication for professionals (RED-MAP resources)
- NHS Scotland: Palliative Care Guidelines
- RCGP Learning: COVID-19 End of Life Care
- Specialist Pharmacy Service: Summary of COVID-19 medicines guidance: Palliative and End of Life Care
- Worldwide Hospice Palliative Care Alliance: COVID-19 Resources
- HEE e-Learning for Healthcare (eLfH): COVID-19 Resources to support staff with difficult conversations and end of life care
The majority of links to professional bodies and societies are available through Health Education England. Societies not covered in the HEE document are listed below:
- BMA: Advice and support: COVID-19
- Health Education England: Resources from Royal Colleges and other professional bodies on COVID-19
- NHS GIRFT: Clinical practice guide for improving the management of adult COVID-19 patients in secondary care. Published October 2020
- NICE: Specialty guides
- UpToDate: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19): Society Guidelines for specialty care
Allergy and immunology
- UpToDate: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19): Multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children
- British Society for Allergy & Clinical Immunology: Advice, guidance and resources during the COVID-19 pandemic
- British Society for Immunology: Connect on Coronavirus
- European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology: COVID-19 Resource Centre
- NICE: COVID-19 rapid guideline: children and young people who are immunocompromised
- Oxford Handbook of Clinical Immunology and Allergy (2019)
- Specialist Pharmacy Service: Summary of COVID-19 medicines guidance: Allergy and immunology
- Royal Society for Public Health: COVID-19 resources for allied health professionals
- UpToDate: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19): Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- Advanced Training for Anaesthesia
- Anaesthesia for Emergency Care (2012)
- Oxford Handbook of Clinical Specialties (2016)
- Oxford Textbook of Anaesthesia for the Elderly Patient (2014)
- Queen's Nursing Institute: Coronavirus Information Centre for community nursing and allied health
- British Cardiovascular Society: COVID-19 Clinicians Resource Hub European Society of Cardiology: COVID-19 and Cardiology
- Oral Health Foundation: Dental care and coronavirus (COVID-19): Advice and resources for dental practices
- UpToDate: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19): Cutaneous manifestations and issues in dermatologic care
- British Society of Gastroenterology: COVID-19 Guidance & Advice
- British Society of Gastroenterology: Guidance for management of inflammatory bowel disease during the COVID-19 pandemic
- British Geriatrics Society: COVID-19: Frailty scores and outcomes in older people. British Geriatrics Society: Consensus statement: ‘Drug Treatment in Community Settings for COVID-19 Patients’.
- Higher Education England: COVID-19 Delirium Resources.
- British Society of Blood and Marrow Transplantation and Cellular Therapy: BSBMTCT and COVID
- Intensive careFaculty of Intensive Care Medicine: Joint COVID-19 Guidance Website
Obstetrics and gynaecology
- Healthcare Quality Improvement Partnership: Maternal, Newborn and Infant Programme: Learning from SARS-CoV-2-related and associated maternal deaths in the UK
- British Association of Paediatric Surgeons: COVID-19 Information for Paediatric Surgeons
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health: COVID-19 research evidence summaries Royal College for Paediatrics and Child Health: COVID-19 - guidance for management of children admitted to hospital.
- Don't Forget the Bubbles: An evidence summary of paediatric COVID-19 literature
- Royal College of Pathology: COVID-19 Resources Hub
- Cochrane Library: Coronavirus (COVID-19): evidence relevant to critical care.
- UpToDate: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) Includes information on all aspects of critical care
- ClinicalKey: COVID-19 critical care
Acute respiratory distress syndrome
- Cochrane Rapid Review: Oxygen targets in the intensive care unit during mechanical ventilation for acute respiratory distress syndrome: a rapid review
- The Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine: Guidelines on the Management of ARDS
- JAMA Insights Clinical Update: Management of COVID-19 Respiratory Distress
Non-invasive respiratory support
- BMJ: Respiratory failure and non-invasive respiratory support during the covid-19 pandemic: an update for re-deployed hospital doctors and primary care physicians Includes visual summary
- Rosen’s Emergency Medicine, Chapter 3: Mechanical Ventilation (2013)
- Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine/Intensive Care Society/Association of Anaesthetists/Royal College of Anaesthetists: COVID-19 – Airway Management Guidance
Guidance from professional bodies
- British Thoracic Society: COVID-19: information for the respiratory community.
- Intensive Care Society: COVID-19 Guidance and Resource Library
- Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine/Intensive Care Society/Association of Anaesthetists/Royal College of Anaesthetists: COVID-19 – Clinical Guidance
- Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine/Intensive Care Society/Association of Anaesthetists/Royal College of Anaesthetists: Clinical guide for the management of critical care for adults with COVID-19 during the Coronavirus pandemic
- Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine: COVID Safety Bulletin
- Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine: Guidance on establishing and delivering enhanced perioperative services.
- Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine/Intensive Care Society/Association of Anaesthetists/Royal College of Anaesthetists: Cross-skill training for ICU
- Acute and Critical Care Nursing at a Glance (2018)
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (2017)
- Advanced Respiratory Critical Care (2011)
- The Beginner’s Guide to Intensive Care: a Handbook for Junior Doctors and Allied Professionals (2018)
- Davidson's Principles and Practice of Medicine (2018) see Part 2: Emergency & Critical Care medicine
- Evidence-Based Practice of Critical Care (2015)
- Highly Infectious Diseases in Critical Care (2020)
- Mechanical Ventilation in Patient with Respiratory Failure (2017)
- Oxford Handbook of Critical Care Nursing (2016)
- Oxford Handbook of Respiratory Medicine (2014)
- Oxford Handbook of Respiratory Nursing (2010)
- Oxford Textbook of Medicine, Chapter 16: Critical Care Medicine (2020)
- Oxford Textbook of Medicine: COVID-19 Disease (2020)
- Pediatric Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (2019)
- The Respiratory System at a Glance, Chapter 44: Mechanical Ventilation (2015)
You can find more books and e-books on this topic by browsing the Library catalogue.
- Association of Directors of Public Health: Public Health Leadership, Multi-Agency Capability: Guiding Principles for Effective Management of COVID-19 at a Local Level
- Health Service Journal: Free access to coronavirus content but NCA staff can subscribe for free using their work email address
- COVID Trauma response working group
- The Health Foundation: COVID-19 Policy Tracker
- The Health Foundation: Responding to Covid-19
- Healthcare Safety Investigation Branch: COVID-19 transmission in hospitals: management of the risk – a prospective safety investigation.
- Institute for Fiscal Studies
- Kings Fund/COVID Trauma Response: working group guidance summary
- King's Fund: The courage of compassion: supporting nurses and midwives to deliver high-quality care
- Kings Fund: Covid-19 leadership support and analysis
- King’s Fund: Covid-19 recovery and resilience: what can health and care learn from other disasters?
- The King’s Fund: The role of trauma-informed care during the Covid-19 pandemic
- King’s Fund: Recovery and then renewal: the innovation imperative for health and care
- NHS: Coronavirus guidance for clinicians and NHS managers
- NHS England: Our NHS People: Understanding different bereavement practices and how our colleagues may experience grief.
- NHS People: Support for Leaders through Covid-19
- Northern Health Science Alliance – COVID-19 and the Northern Powerhouse: Tackling inequalities for UK health and productivity
- Nuffield Trust: Covid-19 and the NHS
- Learner Support and Faculty Development - If you are new to supervision or returning to a supervision or educational role as a response to COVID19
- Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE): Coronavirus (COVID-19) response
- BMJ: Acute covid-19 and multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Multisystem inflammatory syndrome (MIS-C)
- Morris et al., Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Case Series of Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Adults Associated with SARS-CoV-2 Infection - united Kingdom and United States, March-August 2020
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health: Guidance - paediatric multisystem inflammatory syndrome temporally associated with COVID-19 (PIMS)
- UpToDate: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19): Multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C) clinical features, evaluation, and diagnosis
- Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine: The Ongoing Problem of UK Hospital-Acquired Infections
- Healthcare Safety Investigation Branch: Investigation into COVID-19 transmission in hospitals
- Royal Society DELVE Initiative: Scoping Report on Hospital and Health Care Acquisition of COVID-19 and its Control
- Northern Care Alliance - SCARF Staff Support PackThis comprehensive resource highlights environmental, emotional, physical and financial support available to staff
- NCA SCARF Bitesize Guide to Managing Stress
- Academy of Medical Royal Colleges: COVID-19 - Mental health & wellbeing for healthcare professionals
- BMA: Counselling and peer support for doctors and medical students
- BMJ: Cardiologists and Coronavirus
- BMA: COVID-19 Risk Assessment
- BMJ Learning: Wellbeing
- British Psychological Society: COVID-related anxiety and stress in the workplace
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Emergency Responders: tips for taking care of yourself
- Centre for Mental Health: Understanding Inequalities in Mental Health during the Pandemic
- Headspace: free to NHS staff until the end of 2021
- Health Education England: Principles for Supporting Employers in staff Health and Wellbeing during COVID-19
- Hepburn, E: How to stay calm in a global pandemic.
- Independent SAGE: Disparities in the impact of COVID-19 in Black and Minority Ethnic populations: review of the evidence and recommendations for action. July 2020
- Intensive Care Society: Wellbeing Resource Library
- Mental Health At Work: Lockdown: looking after ourselves and each other
- Mental Health Foundation: How to look after your mental health during the Coronavirus outbreak
- Mind: Being a nurse during coronavirus - how to look after your mental health
- Mind: Coronavirus and work
- Mind: Coronavirus and Your Wellbeing
- MindEd: Covid-19 Resilience Hub
- National Health Supporters
- NHS England: Our NHS People: Understanding different bereavement practices and how our colleagues may experience grief.
- NHS Employers: Health, Safety and Wellbeing
- NHS Employers: Risk Assessments for Staff
- Practitioner Health: Covid-19 Workforce Wellbeing
- Practitioner Health: Covid-19 Workforce Wellbeing Videos
- Public Health England: COVID-19: understanding the impact on BAME communities
- Royal College of Nursing: Wellbeing, Self Care and Resilience
- SAGE: Disparities in the Impact of COVID-19 in Black and Minority Ethnic Populations: Review of the Evidence. July 2020
- Society of Occupational Medicine: Coronavirus resources
- The King's Fund: Staying Motivated in Uncertain Times. June 2020
- Unmind: currently free to NHS staff
- World Health Organisation: Mental Health and Psychosocial Considerations During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- HEE eLearning for Healthcare (eLfH): COVID-19 Staff Wellbeing and Resilience during COVID-19
- University College London: COVID-19 Social Study. Weekly results analysing various aspects of wellbeing. Regularly updated
- A Technique for Meditation (2011)
- Compassion Fatigue and Burnout in Nursing (2012)
- Handbook of Mindfulness-Based Programmes (2019)
- Inner Worlds of Meditation (1997)
- Learned Mindfulness (2019)
- Manage Your Mind (2017)
- Meditation and Imagination (2012)
- Mind Over Mood (2015)
- Mindfulness (2018)
- Mindfulness and Grief (2018)
- Mindfulness for Dummies (2014)
- Mindfulness at Work for Dummies (2014)
- Mindfulness for Busy People (2017)
- Mindfulness on the Go (2019)
- Overcoming Secondary Stress in Medical and Nursing Practice (2005)
- Stress Management for Dummies (2013)
- The Art of Meditation (2010)
- The Key to Managing Stress at Work (2015)
- The Mindful Self-Compassion Workbook (2018)
- Asthma UK & British Lung Foundation: Post-COVID Hub for Professionals
- American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation: articles relevant to COVID-19
- BMJ: Covid-19: the challenge of patient rehabilitation after intensive care
- BMJ: Returning to physical activity after COVID-19
- British Geriatrics Society: COVID-19: Rehabilitation of older people
- British Heart Foundation: Cardiac Rehabilitation at Home: a quick guide for healthcare professionals
- The British Psychological Society: Meeting the psychological needs of people recovering from severe coronavirus (Covid-19)
- British Society of Rehabilitation Medicine: Covid-19 and Rehabilitation Medicine
- British Thoracic Society: COVID-19: information for the respiratory community
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Manual (2017)
- Charted Society for Physiotherapy: CSP COVID-19 Rehabilitation Standards
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy: Community rehabilitation
- Cochrane: Coronavirus (COVID-19): evidence relevant to clinical rehabilitation
- Cochrane: Rehabilitation REH-COVER (Rehabilitation – COVID-19 Evidence-Based Response) action
- European Commission - Neuro-rehabilitation to aid recovery of COVID-19 intensive care patients.
- Lancashire Teaching Hospitals – COVID-19: Supporting your Recovery. Interactive resource to support patients with their initial recovery following treatment for COVID-19.
- NICE - COVID-19 rapid guideline: managing the long-term effects of COVID-19.
- NHS England & NHS Improvement - Allied health professionals’ role in rehabilitation during and after COVID-19.
- PAHO - Rehabilitation considerations during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Public Health England – COVID-19: long-term health effects.
- Royal College of Occupational Therapists - Recovering from COVID-19: Post viral-fatigue and conserving energy.
- Royal College of Occupational Therapists - Guidance: A quick guide for occupational therapists - Rehabilitation for people recovering from COVID-19.
- Scottish Government – Framework for supporting people through recovery and rehabilitation during and after the COVID-19 pandemic
- Social Care Institute for Excellence - Providing care and support at home to people who have had COVID-19
- The British Journal of Cardiology - COVID-19 and cardiac rehabilitation.
- The Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine - Recovery and Rehabilitation for Patients Following the Pandemic.
- The Strategy Unit: Rapid scan 2: Rehabilitation needs and post-ICU recovery for severe Covid19 patients.
- Baker et al (Parliamentary research briefing) – Coronavirus: Long Covid.
- BMJ - Long Covid: How to define it and how to manage it. (Webinar)
- Contact, Help, Advice and Information Network (CHAIN): Long COVID.
- Greenhalgh et al. - Long Covid: evidence, recommendations and priority research questions.
- Independent SAGE – Report on Long COVID.
- Infectious Diseases Society of America: Post-Acute COVID-19 Syndrome.
- Office for National Statistics - The prevalence of long COVID symptoms and COVID-19 complications
- PHE – COVID-19: The Long-Term Health Effects.
- National Institute for Health Research – Living with COVID19.
- National Institute for Health Research - Living with COVID19 – Second review.
- Tony Blair Insitute for Global Change - Long Covid: Reviewing the Science and Assessing the Risk.
- WHO - What we know about Long-term effects of COVID-19.
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control COVID-19
- The Global Health Network: Covid-19 Research Implementation and Knowledge Hub
- Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency: Coronavirus Yellow Card reporting site Report suspected side effects to medicines or medical device and diagnostic adverse incidents used in coronavirus treatment to the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency to ensure safe and effective use
- National Library of Medicine: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Nesta: Mobilising collective intelligence to tackle the COVID-19 threat
- National Institute for Health Research: Urgent Public Health COVID-19 Studies
- National Institute for Health Research Innovation Observatory: COVID-19 Updates dashboard This resource provides dashboards of the therapeutic interventions and diagnostic tests in clinical development for COVID-19
- NHS Digital: NHS Digital response to coronavirus (COVID-19)
- PHOSP-COVID: trial studying clinical outcomes after COVID-19 hospitalisation
- Public Health England: COVID-19 Register of PHE-led studies
- Public Health England: Clinical trials & research projects
- Trip Pro can be accessed at home by NHS staff signing in with their .nhs.uk or nhs.net address
- UK Biobank: COVID-19 hub
- UK Research and Innovation: Coronavirus Hub
- UK Research and Innovation: Tackling the impact of COVID Information on UKRI-funded COVID-19 work
- UK Research and Innovation: Vaccines and treatments
- University College London: COVID-19 Social Study Research exploring the effects of the virus and social distancing measures on adults in the UK during the outbreak of COVID-19
- World Health Organisation: Global Outbreak Alert and Response Network (GOARN)COVID-19 Knowledge Hub
- World Health Organisation: Global research on coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- Academy of Medical Royal Colleges: Principles for reintroducing healthcare services COVID-19
- Academy of Medical Royal Colleges: Restore, Reset and Recovery
- British Fertility Society: News (check for updated guidance on reintroduction of services)
- British Association of Dermatologists: Advice for Dermatology HCPs during Covid-19 pandemic
- British Orthopaedic Association: Latest News and Knowledge Hub (check for updated guidance on reintroduction of services)
- British Society for Children’s Orthopaedic Surgery: Resources for the COVID-19 Pandemic
- British Society of Gastroenterology: Guidance on recommending endoscopy in the deceleration and early recovery phases of COVID-19 pandemic (podcast)
- British Society of Gastroenterology: Guidance on further recovery of endoscopy services during the post- pandemic phase of COVID-19
- British Society of Gastroenterology: Rebooting Gastroenterology and Hepatology Outpatients in the wake of COVID-19
- British Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Radiology: COVID-19 and BSGAR Updates
- British Thoracic Society: Guidance for the resumption and continuation of urgent and elective outpatient respiratory services
- Care Quality Commission: Inpatient experience during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Care Quality Commission: Project Reset in Emergency Medicine: Patient FIRST
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapists: CSP policy statement on the restoration of physiotherapy and rehabilitation services
- Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine: Enhanced Care: Guidance On Service Development In The Hospital Setting
- Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine: Guidance on establishing and delivering enhanced perioperative services
- Health and Social Care Committee: Delivering core NHS and care services during the pandemic and beyond
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement: Achieving Hospital-Wide Patient Flow
- NHS Confederation: Building back elective care: a new framework for recovery
- NHS Reset: Reforming health and care post COVID-19
- Radix: Localise, Equalise and Untick: The Future of Healthcare Post-COVID
- Royal College of Anaesthetists: Progression through the pandemic. A series of posts considering how COVID-19 has interrupted specialty training and how staff can be supported
- Royal College of Emergency Medicine: COVID 19 resetting emergency department care
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists: COVID-19 Clinical guidance and national information (see Clinical Guidance)
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health: National guidance for the recovery of elective surgery in children
- Royal College of Physicians: Multidisciplinary patient review in COVID-19 cohort wards
- Royal College of Physicians: Rebuilding the NHS – RCP priorities for the resetting of services
- Royal College of Physicians: Returning the NHS to an even keel
- Royal College of Radiologists: Coronavirus (COVID-19) clinical radiology resources (See interim guidance for service recovery)
- Royal College of Surgeons: Recovery of surgical services during and after COVID-19
- The Health Foundation: How can policymakers plan better for the long term?
- The King’s Fund: Covid-19 1 year on: how can the health and care system recover? Published 23rd March 2021
- The King’s Fund: Covid-19 recovery and resilience: what can health and care learn from other disasters?
- The Primary Care Respiratory Society: Recovering after COVID19 - a practical guide for clinicians and commissioners
- The University of Manchester: Recovering from COVID-19 (Includes a recent topic focus on health and care)
- Wilmington Healthcare: Looking ahead 2021 : reset, partnerships, recovery Free registration is required to access this paper
- Adult Social Care Directorate: Admission and care of residents in a care home during COVID-19
- Association of Directors of Adult Social Service: Coronavirus (COVID-19) response and guidance notes
- British Geriatrics Society: COVID-19: Managing the COVID-19 pandemic in care homes
- British Association of Social Workers: Coronavirus (COVID-19): BASW updates
- Public Health England: COVID-19 vaccination: a guide for social care staff
- Think Local Act Personal Insight Group: A Telling Experience. Understanding the impact of Covid-19 on people who access care and support – a rapid evidence review with recommendations
- Social Care Online: Coronavirus guidance for social care
Department of Health and Social Care:
- Adult Social Care: our COVID-19 winter plan 2020 to 2021
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): adult social care action plan
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): changes to the Care Act 2014
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance for children’s social care services.
- COVID19: adult social care risk reduction framework: assessing and reducing the risk to your workforce
- Overview of adult social care guidance on coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Responding to COVID-19: the ethical framework for adult social care
- The Mental Capacity Act (2005) (MCA) and deprivation of liberty safeguards (DoLS) during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- Winter discharges: designated settings
Social Care Institute for Excellence:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice for social care: Coronavirus guidance, resources and best practice for the social care sector
- COVID-19 resource and best practice hub for social care
- Safeguarding Adult Reviews (SARs) In Rapid Time
- Safeguarding adults with dementia during the COVID-19 crisis
- Safeguarding children and families during the COVID-19 crisis
- Social workers and COVID-19: advice and best practice
Reports and research
- UpToDate: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19): Cancer screening, diagnosis, treatment, and post-treatment surveillance in uninfected patients during the pandemic
- UpToDate: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19): Vaccines to prevent SARS-CoV-2 infection
- BMJ: Vaccinating against Covid-19 in people who report allergies
- The COVID-19 Vaccination Communication Handbook: created by scientists and medical staff to communicate the benefits of the vaccine and overcome misinformation
- Independent SAGE: New statements on the UK vaccine strategy
- Infectious Diseases Society of America: Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine *Note: some guidance may be specific to the US*
- Public Health England: COVID-19: The green book, chapter 14a. Information on the current vaccines, dosage and schedule for the UK and recommendations for the vaccine
- Public Health England: Finding the evidence: coronavirus. Includes a section on vaccines with the latest, most reliable papers on vaccine efficacy
- Public Health England: Safety of COVID-19 vaccines when given in pregnancy
- Royal College of Nursing: COVID-19 vaccination
- UK Government: COVID-19 vaccination programme. A collection of documents related to COVID-19 vaccination
E-learning and training
- E-learning for Healthcare: COVID-19 Vaccination.E-learning designed to help staff promote and deliver COVID-19 vaccines.