Information for Patients
Whether you’re an inpatient, outpatient or attending one of our community-based services, our Northern Care Alliance (NCA) Family appreciates the importance of feeling prepared and informed.
There are several resources available to help you understand what to expect when you arrive:
- If you have access to our new online portal (see section below), you can view location and clinic information about your upcoming appointment.
- You can read one of our comprehensive range of patient leaflets, containing advice on medical conditions, procedures and treatments. A full A-Z list of these is available here.
- If you’re unsure what service you require or have specific questions relating to your appointment, you should contact the relevant department directly.
The NCA has partnered with DrDoctor to provide patients with a convenient appointment reminder and rescheduling service.
Using text messages and a simple online portal, the system is designed to make it easier for you to manage your appointments at our hospitals and clinics. This straightforward, user-friendly service is being implemented across the Group.
In many cases, you can request to change or cancel your appointment by text message, or by logging onto the online patient portal, unless your appointment is within the following three days.
If we have your mobile number, you’ll receive appointment reminders by text message.
If we only have your landline number, you’ll receive appointment reminders by voice message.
How to access your online portal
For Bury, Rochdale and Oldham patients, follow the link in your text message or email, or visit nhs.my/pat
For Salford patients, follow the link in your text message or email, or visit nhs.my/salford
From there, you’ll be able to log in by:
- typing in your name, date of birth and postcode
- entering the one-time verification code which will be sent to your mobile
Once online you can:
- view appointment details
- view location information, including Google Maps and floor plans
- view important clinic information which may include leaflets and videos
- add your appointment to your personal calendar
- request to change or cancel your appointment in some circumstances
How can the service help you and the NCA?
- by giving you better patient experience and choice
- by reducing the number of unattended appointments
- by reducing waiting times
Whether you need support with language or a disability, our team works to ensure our services are accessible to all patients and visitors.
Our sign language support and interpreter services cover more than 94 different languages to ensure you can easily communicate with our team.
If you require language support, please contact the Interpreation & Translation service on 0161 627 8770 who’ll be happy to help.
You’re welcome to bring any special equipment you require when you visit our hospitals and there are wheelchairs available at all sites. If you require one, we recommend contacting the hospital before your appointment. And please ensure you have a £1 coin (refunded on return) for the use of a wheelchair.
Guide dogs are welcome in our hospitals and disabled parking is located near to main entrances at each of our hospital sites.
If you’re a carer or have one yourself, please advise the nursing staff in the clinic so they can take your needs into account.
The Northern Care Alliance is a smoke free organisation including all buildings, grounds and car parks, this is to improve our environment for patients, visitors and staff.