The Health Visiting Service is a universal prevention and early detection service for all children and families that will enable them to achieve optimum health and wellbeing.
Every family in Bury with a pre-school child will be offered access to the Health Visiting Service. These services can be adapted to suit individual family needs within a home or community setting.
Health visitors are qualified nurses with specialist training and experience in many key areas, including child health, health promotion and education and work within a skill mix team including community staff nurses, nursery nurse and support staff.
The team can advise on:
- Infant feeding / breast feeding
- Healthy eating and child growth
- Immunisation and prevention of disease
- Everyday issues such as child development, teething, sleeping and behaviour
- Accident prevention
- Post natal mood problems
- Domestic violence
- Signposting / referral to other services