The Specialist Palliative Care Counselling Service is a community based Counselling service. This specialist service provides emotional and psychological support to patients with potentially life threatening, life changing or terminal illness and those directly involved in their care.
It offers a wide range of therapeutic approaches based on an initial assessment. During the assessment interview the Counsellor selects the most appropriate therapeutic intervention to meet the individual needs of the client. The Counselling is on a 1-1 basis and offers emotional and psychological support to those affected by serious illness. Counselling appointments can be used for individuals or couples to attend.
If you are in need of urgent assistance please see below the list of alternative options:
- Contact your GP for out of hours service.
- Call NHS 111
- Papryrus HOPELineUK (Support for people feeling suicidal): 0800 0684141
- Samaritans TEL : 116123
- Sanctuary (Helpline in the day, safe place to go at night): 03000037029
- Anxiety UK INFOLine: 08444775774
- CALM (Support for Men): 0800585858
- Call 999 for an ambulance or go to A&E
Patients can be referred by their GP, any health professional, or a member of the voluntary sector. Clients can also refer themselves directly to the service by calling 0161 2062362.