If you need to change or cancel your outpatient appointment, please call the phone number on the top right of your appointment letter. If you do not have a letter, please call one of the numbers below.
- Salford Care Organisation (Salford Royal): 0161 206 4100
- Oldham Care Organisation (Royal Oldham): 01706 906 762
- Bury Care Organisation (Fairfield General): 01706 906 728
- Rochdale Care Organisation (Rochdale Infirmary): 01706 906 727
For more information on the service you are attending, click the button below to search our A-Z of services.
Receive your appointment letters and appointment reminders by text
We will send you a text message with a drdoctor.thirdparty.nhs.uk link to your new digital letter.
You can also use the link below to log into your patient portal to see the same information.
We have partnered with DrDoctor, a digital health company, to deliver this service.
If you prefer paper letters, you can opt-out of this service from the patient portal or by telling one of our staff.
Why are we introducing digital letters?
We are introducing digital letters to allow us to:
- Let you view you letters quickly and easily
- Reduce confusion from lost letters or letters arriving in the wrong order
- Save the NHS money by reducing the amount of paper and stamps we are using
- Reduce our environmental impact
How to view your digital letter
- We’ll send you a text message when you have a new digital letter to view online
- Click the link in your text message to go to your secure patient portal
- Click ‘View letter’ and log in with your last name, date of birth and postcode
- View and download your new digital letter online as a PDF. Your letters will be stored here for future reference
- You can login from any device by visiting nhs.my/Pat. When using a different device, we will send a code to your mobile phone number for security.
How to receive paper letters
Patients who prefer paper letters can still receive their letters by post as usual.
We will automatically send you a paper letter if you don’t view your digital letter.
If you want to view your letter online and receive a paper letter by post you can request a paper letter by:
- Logging into your secure patient portal, going to the ‘Settings’ tab in the top right, and turn off the paperless option
- Reply PRINT to your text message notifying you that you have a new digital letter
Where are digital letters happening?
We are now live in a few specialities and are rolling out to all others in the next few months.
If you have followed the link in your text messages and cannot log in with your correct details, we probably do not have your most up-to-date details on our system. Please contact the Trust to check that we have your most up-to-date:
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Mobile number
I can log in but when I try to open my digital letter I get a 404 error message
There are two main reasons why you might get a 404 error message when trying to view your PDF
- The letter is for a family member or relative who is registered with the same phone number or email with the hospital
- You are a patient at more than one NHS Trust and when you logged in you choose the wrong Trust portal to log in to
Go to https://www.nhs.my/nca
- Enter your last name, date of birth, and postcode and click ‘Let’s go’
- Select the phone number you would like us to send your one-time code to
- Enter the one-time code you receive and click ‘Let’s go’
- Go to ‘Letters in the top left
- Find the letter you want to view and click ‘View letter’
You can update your contact details at nhs.my/PAT in the settings menu.
- Login to the patient portal https://www.nhs.my/nca
- Go to ‘Settings’ in the top right
- Click the ‘Add new’ button
- Click ‘Email’
- Type in your email address
- Click ‘Add’
Text message replies will be free if you have a text message bundle with your provider otherwise you will be charged at your provider’s standard rate.
You can change your digital letter setting online for free by following the link in your text messages or using https://www.nhs.my/nca
If you should be receiving digital letters but are not we may not have your correct mobile number on our system. Please contact us to check that we have your most up-to-date mobile number.
DrDoctor is a digital health company modernising how hospitals and patients communicate. They provide a convenient way for patients to manage your appointments while reducing costs, saving time and developing better overall experiences for patients.
To enable us to deliver this service, we give DrDoctor only enough information to provide you with these services.