Children’s oral health in Oldham is a major concern. Big Brush Month is a local campaign supported by Oldham Council and Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust and is a fantastic opportunity to promote key toothbrushing messages.
Through our partners and agencies who work with families and young children in the area we will be raising awareness on oral health promoting the following:
- Brush teeth twice a day especially at bedtime and at one other time in the day
- Use a family toothpaste that contains at least 1350ppm fluoride to give the best protection
- Use a smear of family fluoride toothpaste for children under three and from three use a small pea size amount
- Spit out after brushing and do not rinse with water
- Help children to brush their teeth until they are at least seven years old.