Public information regarding industrial action

23 March 2023

Any patient or service user whose appointment is affected by industrial action will be contacted directly. If you are not contacted, we look forward to welcoming you for your appointment as planned. 

Industrial Action by Junior Doctors (British Medical Association)

Industrial action against the Government by Junior Doctors who are members of the British Medical Association (BMA) is set to take place from Tuesday 11 April to Saturday 15 April.

What if I need urgent or emergency care?

If you need medical help or advice, NHS 111 Online can tell you where to get help for your symptoms and how to find general health information and advice. More information about when to call 999 and when to go to A&E is available via the national NHS website.

Please contact NHS 111 if:

  • You need medical help fast, but it's not a 999 emergency.
  • You don't know who to call for medical help or you don't have a GP to call.
  • You think you need to go to A&E or another NHS urgent care service.
  • You require health information or reassurance about what to do next.

When someone is seriously ill or injured and their life is at risk, you should seek emergency care in the normal way, by calling 999 or attending A&E.

Further background   

A number of trade unions representing NHS staff have advised the Secretary of State that they are in dispute over the 2022/23 pay award. A number of the unions have balloted (asked their members to vote), are balloting, or have signalled their intention to ballot, their NHS members to take part in industrial action.   

To find out more please see NHS England » Information for the public on industrial action

GM Integrated Care Partnership Website

BMA Website

Accessibility tools

Return to header