The Cardiovascular Rehabilitation service in Salford provides a city-wide, multi-modal, person-centred service to patients and their families/carers.
The service supports people and their families to return to a full and active lifestyle as soon as possible after a cardiac event, surgery or a diagnosis of cardiovascular disease. In helping them to understand and self-manage their condition, it promotes positive lifestyle change, which takes into account social, physical and mental wellbeing.
Options available to patients include:
- Specialist assessment and support
- Exercise assessment and support
- Weight management and dietary support advice and motivation
- Stress management using a cognitive behavioural therapy approach
- Activities of daily living assessment and energy conservation techniques
- Motivational interviewing to promote lifestyle change
- Heart Manual
- Online health education talks
- Non medical prescribing and titration of cardiovascular medications
- Onwards referral to other services
- Referral to Leisure services for ongoing long-term physical activity/ exercise in the community.