Your care before your baby is born (antenatal care) will be provided in Salford in the Orange area of the hospital.
You will have the following choices for the birth of your baby:
- At home supported by midwives
- The standalone Salford Birth Centre that opened in November 2011 which is run by St Mary’s Hospital
- In a new or expanded and improved maternity unit nearest to where you live at either the
- Royal Bolton Hospital
- Saint Mary’s Hospital in central Manchester, or
- North Manchester General Hospital
Post natal care
Care for you and your baby after the birth will be provided by midwives working in the community. Midwives visit women at home after the birth and see women in clinics and health centres in Salford.