We are the Bury Continence and Stoma Service and we aim to provide effective and high quality care to people who are registered with a Bury GP and are experiencing bladder and/or bowel dysfunction.
We offer a clinical assessment and our aim is to support you by developing an appropriate treatment plan and self-management options, to improve your symptoms and quality of life and to increase your independence.
- Stoma Care
- Trial without Catheter
- Constipation or Soiling
- Toileting Issues
- Trans anal irrigation
- Prescription service for continent aids and products
- Support and advice
We will contact you to offer an appointment.
At the appointment the following may happen:
- A specialist nurse will take a history of your symptoms
- Your medication will be reviewed
- A simple test may be performed like a bladder scan
- Your urine sample will be tested in clinic
- You may be asked to complete a chart recording what you drink, how many times you go to the toilet
- You may be examined by the specialist nurse if it is appropriate and only with your consent
Referrals are made either:
- Via the GP
- Urology Consultants
- Other Health professionals
- Self referral