This accessibility statement applies to Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust’s website. We are committed to providing an accessible web presence that gives our patients and other service users access to our services we provide.
In order to ensure that all of our visitors can use our website, these pages aim to meet Level-AA standard of WCAG 2.1. This includes elements such as:
- Alternative text for all images and providing non-visual alternatives where appropriate
- All essential audio-visual information is captioned, described as necessary or provided in alternative formats
- Content can be navigated with just a keyboard or speech recognition tools
- The website can be used with a screen reader
- Content is structured, ordered and labelled appropriately
Making changes to your device or system
AbilityNet has advice on making your devices easier to use if you have a disability.
In addition, major operating systems produce the following guidance:
How accessible this website is
We are aware that some parts of our website are not fully accessible. These include:
- Some older PDF documents aren’t fully accessible to screen reader software
- Some of our older videos are not captioned on our YouTube channel.
- Some images have no alternative text, so people using a screen reader cannot access the information.
We are working to address areas where our accessibility needs improvement. This includes training for staff to include alternative text for images when uploading.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please email email@example.com
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We want our website to offer the best experience possible for all of our users. In addition to our plan to fix known issues, we continue to work on website content and structure. We are working with our suppliers to fix issues and think about future developments. We are also updating the ways in which we provide training and best practice to those working on our website.
The site is built in a flexible manner and scales to ensure readability on whatever device or browser it is viewed upon. Browser support is progressive meaning more capable browsers may get improved aesthetics or functionality.
Internet Explorer is supported from IE9 and above. Users on an older browser may experience some aesthetic and functional disruption to their viewing experience
Accessibility software - ReachDeck
We have digital inclusion software from TextHelp, called ReachDeck, on our website. This makes our content more accessible with reading and translation support*. This service is free for site users.
* The language translation service should only be used to translate general information on our website. As this is a Google translation tool, it is not intended to replace human or traditional translation methods. To ensure patient safety please continue to use our service providers to translate information relating to personal treatment and care.
Click on the red ReachDeck icon ( located top left) on your screen to launch the support toolbar. Then click on any text to hear it read out loud.
ReachDeck offers reading and translation support – helping you to access and understand our website better.
All the features are accessed from an easy-to-use, floating toolbar; allowing you to drag and drop it anywhere on screen. Click on the ? for further help in using the toolbar.
Support with using ReachDeck
A full range of support services are provided for BrowseAloud Plus:
Tel: 0800 328 7910
Built-In Accessibility Toolbar
Our website also has an accessibility toolbar built in. This can be used to increase or decrease the text size and contract colours. It also allows you to translate the language into over 100 different languages through the Google transalate functionality.
Interpretation & Translation Services
Across the Northern Care Alliance, we recognise the importance of clear communication. Our interpretation and translation teams make that easy for patients and visitors who need their support.
If you are a patient and would like to request a
- Language Interpreter - then please call NCA Central Interpretation Booking office on 0161 627 8770 or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org Please make sure you have all the appointment information to hand as you will be asked for it by the staff member.
Copies of patient information leaflet are available in other formats (e.g. large print or easy read) upon request. Alternative formats may also be available via: Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust Mayo Building, Salford Royal, Stott Lane, Salford, M6 8HD
If you need this leaflet in a language other than English, please contact the NCA Central Interpretation Booking Office via the following details:
Tel: 0161 627 8770 or email email@example.com
Text: 07966 003 540
In accordance with the Equality Act we will make reasonable adjustments to enable individuals with disabilities to access our services. Please contact the service or clinic you are attending by phone or email to discuss your requirements. or Email: Interpretation@nca.nhs.uk