Our corporate priorities for 2021/22 are:
- Pursue quality improvement to assure safe, reliable and compassionate care
- Improve care and services through partnership, integration and collaboration
- Deliver the financial plan to assure sustainability
- Support our staff to deliver high performance and continuous improvement
- Deliver operational excellence
- Deliver our NCA clinical service strategy and NCA enabling strategies
- Deliver excellence in research and education programmes
Each priority has a number of associated objectives and outcomes which form the framework of the NCA Plan. Each Care Organisation has developed their own annual business plan within this framework to achieve their objectives.
Our values that bind us all together across our four Care Organisations are:
Patient and people focus:
- We communicate effectively with our service users, their families and staff colleagues
- We personalise our services, connecting with our service users to meet their needs
- We practise ‘Safe, Clean, Personal’ every time
- We're transparent and results-focused
- We display personal accountability towards problem solving
- We recognise and accept accountability beyond the job role
- We explore ways of measuring improvements and positive outcomes for our services, users and staff
- We develop goals and objectives to support our vision for Saving Lives, Improving Lives
- We identify opportunities to reduce waste and inefficiency
- We're supportive and empower staff involvement
- We're consistent and understanding of others and their needs
- We're the guardians of NCA reputation and resources
Our services will be:
Highly reliable - Delivering high quality services whatever the day of the week or hour of the day through standardising care to the evidence of best practice.
At scale - Creating benefits through economies of scale which result from a 'shared hospital service' across the NCA, and enabling the development of local integrated services closer to home.
Trusted - Providing safe, effective and compassionate services by our people who are highly motivated, well led and believe in the values of the NHS.
Connected - Connecting all parts of the health and social care system so they deliver better care to people in their neighbourhood which meets their needs.
Pioneering - Continuously innovating and improving services, with a particular focus on new digital solutions to improve care and patient experience.
Value for money - Supporting staff to identify opportunities for productivity and efficiency so the taxpayer is getting best value.