The Northern Care Alliance (NCA) and our Care Organisations serve a richly diverse population and work hard to ensure all our services are fair and equally accessible to everyone.
We respect the value of difference. So our aim is to employ a workforce as representative as possible of this population. Regardless of age, disability, gender, marital status, trans status, pregnancy and maternity, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, all are welcome.
Our Equality and Inclusion Function, with support from the Equality and Inclusion Committee, exists to make sure we achieve our current equality and human rights objectives.
It also oversees Group-wide equality, diversity and inclusion activity including:
- reviewing action plans
- strategy development
- meeting NHS England Standards such as Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES), Accessible Information Standard (AIS), Workforce Disability Equality Standard (WDES) and Equality Delivery System Grading (EDS2)
The NCA’s vision is to be ‘fluently inclusive’.
To achieve that vision, which applies to staff, patients and patients’ families, we aim to:
- treat everyone with respect and dignity at all times
- challenge discriminatory behaviour and practice
- recognise and embrace diversity
- ensure equal and easy access to services
- ensure equal access to employment and development opportunities
- consult and engage with staff, patients and their families to ensure that the services and facilities of the Group meet their needs
If you’d like more information or to be involved with the team, please contact the Equality and Inclusion Function.
Or get in touch by post:
Equality & Inclusion Function
Fairfield General Hospital
Rochdale Old Road