The children’s speech and language therapy team is part of the wider Children’s Integrated Community Health Service providing care and support for the residents of Heywood, Middleton, and Rochdale.
Children and young people aged 0-19 can access our service if they require support with their communication and/or feeding.
- Assessment, goal setting and practical advice
- Evidence-based group and/or individual therapy
- Education and management advice for parents/carers including sign posting
- Therapy programmes to be implemented by parent/carers and teaching staff
- Advice, practical support, and strategies to educational settings
- Support and advice for language development in home language
Please scroll down to see links to different stages of development. Click on a stage to find helpful information and resources.
Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) Team
Dysphagia (swallowing difficulties)
You can find a list of our clinics below:
Cross Street, Heywood, OL10 2DY
The Phoenix Centre
Church St, Heywood OL10 1LR
Borrowdale Rd, Middleton, Manchester M24 5QG
Croft Shifa health Centre
Belfield Rd, Rochdale OL16 2UP
Nye Bevan House
Maclure Rd, Rochdale OL11 1HR
Littleborough Health Centre
Featherstall Rd, Littleborough OL15 8HF
You can use the Getting Help Portal to request help/make a referral.
We accept referrals from:
- Parents and carers (self-referral)
- Education Staff
- Health Professionals
- Social Care professionals